The ruins of a huge castle, one of the biggest in the Czech Republic, built in the first half of the 14th century on a rocky limestone hill near the river Otava. The castle had three separate fortified parts located one above the other in terrace-like fashion. The highest part was the residental castle tower. During the siege of the castle in 1421 the military commander Jan Žižka, blind in one eye, was seriously wounded in his sound eye. The castle remainded uninhabited from the 18th century and fell into decay.